- Knee Drops from Squat
Internal rotation of the hip joint is the a motion that is lost in premature degenerative hips. The aim of this movement is to help prevent that.
WARNING: This movement creates torque on the knees and hips which is a benefit if you have healthy joints. Do not perform this if you have any issues with your hip or knee joints. Proceed with caution.
Level of challenge: Moderate
- Improve your ability to squat more comfortably
- Gain more internal rotation of yours hips (extending hips when both knees are on the ground)
- Aids in keeping your hips joints happy & healthy
- Sit in a squat position
- 1) Drop your left knee down in front of you & push your hips forward
- Return to squatting position
- Repeat for right knee
- 2) Drop your left knee down in front of you and then your right knee
- Push hips forward
- Return left knee and then right knee to get back into squatting position
- Repeat by dropping right knee then left knee & return right knee then left knee back into squatting position
- 5 repetitions on each side